Thursday, July 14, 2011

Father's rights to visitation without a court order?

My boyfriend just had a baby, his name is on the birth certificate, but there are no court orders for visitation or child support. Two days ago they went to court for child support but given the situation me and my boyfriend are in, and what all the mother is asking for, the county clerks said they would hold off on the support and re-scheduled another court date for the 16th. The (5 month old) baby's mother is refusing to allow him to pick up the baby, or take the baby, or allow me to be around the baby. She had us babysit the baby a few months ago so she could go to a wedding, and has allowed us to keep him here for a few hours, she also met with us at the mall to hang out.. having no issues at all until she found out I was pregnant. Now she is being.. silly. She demands money and refuses to share information about the baby.. now she is demanding that my boyfriend go to HER house to visit the baby.. like supervised visitation.. which we refuse to allow because we have done that before and all she will do is be so negative to a point where my boyfriend ends up having to leave because of all the things she says about him, or me, or our unborn child, or our eldest children (I have a 5 yr old from another man and he has a 4 yr old from another woman). My question is: is there anything he/we can do to get personalized visitation with the baby so that my boyfriend can see his son without it's mother breathing down his throat? All he wants is a little time to bond, something she has done her best to stop. She has already stated that she wants him to give up his rights and allow her boyfriend to adopt. (Same guy who told her to abort their child.) My boyfriend just wants things to be equal and fair.. what can we do? We don't have the money to hire a lawyer and are trying to move into a place within the next week. Is there anything at all we can do besides keep records of the texts for the next court hearing? Or does my boyfriend have to wait all that time to see his son?

No comments:

Post a Comment