Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is it okay to dislike, maybe even hate my mom?

It's natural to feel these things sometimes, we tend to see the many faults of our family, I'm guilty of it myself. I've been really angry about the way my parents did things, raising me so sheltered and protected. But our anger blinds us to the truth sometimes. I had a talk with my family, and got their perspectives, and realized things aren't so simple, I learned so many things about them I never knew. So my suggestion is to openly have a deep discussion with them. Remember to stand your ground because your views are important too, but don't get too overly defensive and listen to their side of things too. In the end, you should come up with a suitable solution to benefit everyone. Of course, it's easier said than done, but good luck, and I understand how you feel as I've also been through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment