Thursday, July 14, 2011

Have you ever had an abortion and regretted it? Or thought about having one, but didn't?

I used to be pro-choice. Now, I am absolutely anti-abortion. I was pressured by my sister to have an abortion with my first child. I was 19 and single. I was in college. No one could see how I was going to have and raise a baby without a father at such a young age AND finish school. I did it. My son is now 9 years old. He is a highlight of my life. He is in the gifted program at school. He is bubbly and loves to make jokes. He participates in theater and loves to sing. Can you imagine if I would have killed him??? Fast forward to my second pregnancy. I had just met someone, and we became pregnant right away. Fortunately, we were head over heels for each other, and got married. My brother pressured me to have an abortion with her. She is now 3 1/2 years old, has the most beautiful CURLY hair, big blue eyes and long eye lashes, and is the other highlight of my life. She says the darndest things all the time. Can't imagine my life without either one of them now. So WHY do people think that abortion is NOT murder? Every fetus is a person. Why is it ok to abort (kill) a fetus, but yet if someone were to kill a baby after they were born, that would be murder? I just don't get it. So, have you ever had an abortion and then regretted it?? Or, like me, were you pressured to have one, or did you think about it, but then not do it? I ask this because for a momentary second, I thought about having an abortion with my daughter. Knew in my heart I didn't want to do it. SO glad I didn't. That little embryo is a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment